Friday, February 27, 2015

Blogger's Policy Change - Or Not

I was one of the many who received a notice of Blogger's policy change regarding sexually explicit and nudity in photos and videos.  Granted, I don't recall posting a single photo or video that would cause a problem, but since I've only been using Blogger a year, I figure now would be as good a time as any to switch to Wordpress just in case I ever have the desire to post such things. My big question is...why would someone complain about seeing adult content when they are the very people who clicked "accept" in response to the adult content warning.

I'm sure there are blogs out there that teach people how to use a vibrator using visual aids. What about a dildo? Come on...there's a visual aid on the tampon instructions, so wouldn't they consider a video on how to use a dildo to be educational for the public? I mean wouldn't you like the public to know that dildo is meant to go in this hole, not that other one, unless of course you want it there. That very same blog would in theory be allowed to show photos and videos on how to spank someone and avoid injury, right? Spank here, not here or here. The next post could include how to use an anal plug.

And, what about those who don't use spanking as foreplay? Is that still considered sexually explicit?

This reminds me of how sex education has "progressed." My mom tells me that when she took this class in high school there were videos and pictures. The students were even able to ask questions if they were brave enough. Now, fast forward to when I took sex ed. eleven years ago. My biology teacher handed us a copied chapter on the reproductive system (with sketches) from a textbook and said, "Here. This won't be on the test." That was it. And you wonder why there are more teen pregnancies than ever before? You didn't even mention anything about birth control and condoms. No wonder so many women don't have a clue about orgasms and how fun and exciting sex can be.

Why are we going backwards?

Anyway, like I said before, I am in the process of migrating to Wordpress which, if my internet connection would cooperate, should have been done by last night. The power fluctuated on and off two days ago due to the crazy snow storm in the south...and last night my router hated me. So, with some amount of luck, I should be moved by the weekend.  See you where the grass is greener!

Edit - It seems the policy change has been taken back, but I think since I’ve already started the process of migrating I will go ahead and move everything.  This blog will remain open for the time being but I encourage you to visit my new blog. Please update your blogrolls, links, and feeds to be able to see future posts at http://relativity0218.wordpress.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jay, rather than WordPress please consider fetblogger.com. This is the same as WordPress but run by Lady M. This removes any further concerns as this site will be run by like minded people. My site and a couple of others I know of are up and running. If you want to see goto Doingthebesthecan.fetblogger.com. DtBHC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DtBHC - I tried to reply yesterday but either Blogger or my browser wasn't cooperating. I think I will hold off on trying fetblogger until I am more sure about Wordpress and/or Blogger. I think if I could figure out why the Blogs I Follow on Wordpress doesn't always work then I'd probably choose Wordpress for now because I like the different features. Do you know how many people are currently using fetblogger? How new is it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you!