Friday, December 12, 2014

Just a quick update.

The follow-up appointment went fine. The doctor said everything looks good, but she wants four more weeks of no sex.  Gee, thanks, that technically means no tender love making on Christmas and no hard and rough New Year's...oh well, compared to the good news, that's really not all that bad. Not to mention, I'm really not feeling physically up to it anyway just yet.  The pathology report came back as all being mild dysplasia.  No signs of moderate or severe (cancer) which is good news.  That also means that the previous biopsy probably removed all the cells that would be labled as slightly moderate.  This really was great news and now I don't have to go back until next December. 
Yesterday started out with a very mild sore throat and I felt like my allergies were bugging me.  By lunch time, the chills, really stiff neck, and congestion started.  At 3:30PM, I took two Mucinex-max Pressure (Hmm, ever notice how close that word is to Pleasure? ;-P I'll just blame that comment on the meds.) and Pain (Oops, wrong kind of pain.) and fell asleep.  When I woke up at 6:30PM, I had 102.4 fever, but with rest and more Mucinex, it broke over the next few hours.  Now, I don't feel as bad as last night, but definitely not at the top of my game.  Hopefully, I'll continue feeling better because I have a Christmas concert tonight with the ----town Band where I play clarinet. 
Well, that's all the news I have for now.  :-)  Have a great weekend, Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the good news regarding your follow-up Jay! Sorry you can't have sex for another four weeks but I'm sure that will go by quickly...okay maybe not so quickly but...you can do it! Sending lots of healing energy that you get over your chills, fever and congestion.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely do not like the phenomena that the older I get the longer recovery takes. I'm pleased your checkup went well.

    Should your ___town symphony have more Xmas concerts upcoming, perhaps you can use some of the re-purposed Christmas songs Erica Scott has gathered (at her blog). They would certainly wake up a cold crowd. Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat - Thank you! I still feel sick and now I'm coughing and sneezing, but the chills and fever have gone away. It's going to be rough waiting to have some fun...maybe not this week since I am sick and still feel kinda gross, but definitely going to be difficult next week and the week after. The doc did imply that if I felt up to it she would let me have fun on New Year's. ;-)

    Jon - Thank you. If I hadn't been concentrating so hard and playing the right notes at the right time then I probably would have been singing Erica's renditions of what we were playing in my head. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you!