Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's going to be a topsy-turvy few weeks.

Sorry about double posting last time.  I didn't even realize it happened until a couple of days passed and then it was too late to delete it without losing comments.  I think it had something to do with posting from my phone.  I really dislike it when I have to use my phone to post, but right now, I have to because my internet is extremely limited at home until the end of the month.  It seems when there are more than two of us living at my house then we tend to actually reach and then exceed the 250 GB limit on our internet usage.  We've never even come close to hitting it before and then last month the usage was in the 600's!  We actually pulled the plug on the router this month when it hit 226 GB...so I have to use the 3G network on my phone which sucks about half the time.  Not to mention, there are some things that are very difficult on a handheld device like adding a link, changing font, and setting a time to publish a post.  Also, my copy-paste feature doesn't work all the time.  Let's just say it'll be nice when I have internet access at home again. 
Anyway, the Christmas concert went well last Friday.  I took some medicine right before I had to head to the theater.  We warmed up and started at 7:30pm.  The combination of the medication, the heat from the stage lights, and playing through a clarinet did cause me to get a little lightheaded at times, but otherwise the performance was a success and the kids did enjoy it. 
I spent a lot of time resting this weekend because I've been sick with various symptoms since last Thursday.  I thought when I managed to get over the fever that it wouldn't take long to get over whatever was left, but now I'm sneezing and coughing.  I've also got a runny nose, stuffy nose, and post nasal crap.  My throat only feels sore when I have a coughing fit.  I've also noticed that every now that I have a moment of panic because I'm not getting as much oxygen as I'm used to by attempting to breath through my stuffy nose.  But, if I open my mouth to breathe, then my throat gets even more dry and feels even worse when I cough.  (sigh)  This too shall pass with lots of cough syrup... 
In other news, the boys and their parents will be moving across the street from our private drive.  They have been packing and moving stuff over.  Hopefully, the power will be turned on this week.  This will all happen just in time for Tom's other brother to come in for Christmas.  Then, there is Christmas with the possibilty of 7-10 guests at any given time.  (Luckily, I'm almost done with Christmas gifts.)  After Christmas, it'll taper off to just his brother, us, and Tom's daughter coming down for her birthday and New Year's visit.  Then, after all that, we might have the house to ourselves again...alone...just the two of us.  What on earth are we going to do with ourselves?  I can think a few things to do (grins mischeiviously).

2 comments:

  1. Good grief, woman. All these people! Here's to 2015 and hopefully some much-needed alone time and privacy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica - I'm definitely hoping that things will level out after the holidays. We might be able to have a little alone time tonight, but I won't count on it so I don't get my hopes up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you!